Thursday, October 6, 2011

BKC Painting Diary I - Introduction

Hey fellows,
hope life's treating you well!
My latest project is BlitzkriegCommander, the Specialist Military Publishing WWII game loosely based on Rick Priestley's Warmaster engine.
If you like Warmaster, Black Powder or even Epic (ie games played at a higher level than GW's stock platoon command viewpoint) you'd enjoy BKC as it's intimately called.

I began with a small order from MiniFigs and Pendraken for 10/12mm scale figures - about 1 each of all the main codes I thought I'd need
Over time I've been buying a little each week which, with the fact it's almost three to four weeks from order to delivery, means I'm always getting parcel or two in the mail each week (this week I get what I ordered a month ago and so forth)

Last week, experimenting with a new technique of basing the lead without undercoat directly onto the bases, I did a company of Soviet infantry



This weekend past I then cracked open the German baggies and started doing those in different camo styles and using inks and different tones to see what I liked best, banking on the fact the German army by the time of the mid-late Eastern Front would have deployed a variety of patterns and vehicles in different states of wear to justify the lack of uniformity among the finished miniatures






Next on the painting table are a company of Fallschirmjager and a Tank Desant/SMG company. Also note the Commanding Officer stand in the center which I hope to turn into a bit of a centerpiece for the army



And the Russians


So that's the project thus far, in two weeks I should be receiving the German battlegroup, the week after the Soviets, the week after that more infantry for both sides
Slowly slowly I think a battalion level game with base representing a platoon is in the works, my fellow Leaguers....
And there will be PLENTY of T34s storming across the table in a Red Tide (green, actually) if I have my wicked way!
Thanks for passing by and any comments welcome, of course
S.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good!. I really like the Pendraken 10mm ranges. Lovely figures. Enjoy all that lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much dried up at the moment - which is both awesome and a little sad. About two weeks before there's more to do, I just finished the FJ tonight. 10mm is definitely my scale, offering the detail and painting "fun" of 15mm without the cost, and still allowing to buy and paint reasonably sized forces (though not as great as 6mm, of course!) without breaking the bank
    Thanks for the kind comments
    S.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. All comments are moderated. Anything offensive will be removed, as will spam. otherwise, fire at will!